Participate in the
All Hands On Deck Campaign
During a time of unprecedented change and uncertainty, there are enduring symbols of hope and familiarity that keep Baltimore feeling like home. Historic Ships in Baltimore’s iconic emblems – including USS Constellation, USCG WHEC-37, LV 116 Chesapeake, the Seven Foot Knoll Lighthouse, and USS Torsk – have characterized our city’s downtown landscape for years, drawing millions of tourists annually and providing once-in-lifetime educational experiences for the City’s students.
Like many institutions, Historic Ships has been dramatically impacted by the pandemic and we need your help to stay afloat. Because of government mandated closures, these unique landmarks have been closed to the public for months with no clear end in sight. These closures have impacted revenue and resulted in the layoff of several employees. Vital maintenance, restoration and preservation projects have also been threatened because of cancellations of special events due to the COVID-19 pandemic, such as the Constellation Cup and Captain’s Jubilee, that raise critical funds for the organization.
In lieu of a tradition Corporate Sponsorship, we are asking you to consider making a fully tax-deductible gift to support our mission to serve the community during this time of tremendous need.
Please help us keep these vital, primary sources of history afloat by making a donation today. Your investment in Historic Ships is an investment in the storied past of some of Baltimore’s most unique sites and the transformative educational experiences that they offer to students and visitors alike. With your generosity, Historic Ships in Baltimore will weather these challenging times together and we will continue to serve our community for years to come.
How to Support:
For more information please contact Chris Rowsom at firstname.lastname@example.org
All Sponsors will receive brand awareness through special recognition in select 2020 campaign materials, including but not limited to:
- Name and/or logo featured on print and digital campaign materials*
- Recognition as a "call to action" sponsor of Historic Ships in
- Baltimore's campaign emails (8,000 subscribers)
- Sponsor recognition on Historic Ships in Baltimore's website
- Mention(s) on Historic Ships in Baltimore's social media channels
- Recognition in Living Classrooms' Annual Report
- A 100% tax write-off for the full amount of your charitable contribution
*Presentation of logo size will depend on gift level. Early response ensures full inclusion in media ads and campaign material.
What does your Sponsorship support:
TITLE SPONSOR | $50,000
- the return of USCGC WHEC-37 from Dry Dock and the development of new educational programming and interpretive exhibits discussing the legacy of Roger B. Taney and racial inequity.
- Virtual programming for 5,000 students.
ADMIRAL | $25,000
- Constellation's return to her berth and the opening of the new Pier 1 education building in April of 2021 and development of new, virtual programming discussing the ship's role as Flagship of the US African Squadron.
- Virtual programming for 2,500 students.
VICE ADMIRAL | $15,000
- the completion of the USS Constellation Bow Repair Project.
- Virtual programming for 1,000 students.
COMMANDER | $10,000
- the roof and window replacement, interior repairs and exterior painting of the Seven Foot Knoll Lighthouse. Exterior painting work to be done by LCF Project SERVE.
- Virtual programming for 500 students.
CAPTAIN | $5,000
- two overnight education programs for Living Classrooms Target Investment Zone students, when possible.
- Virtual programming for 250 students.
FIRST MATE | $2,500
- One overnight education program for Living Classrooms Target Investment Zone students, when possible.
- Virtual programming for 100 students.
Historic Ships in Baltimore would like to extend a special thank you to our corporate sponsors for their support. We offer a variety of ways to donate, including:
Monday through Friday, donors can call between 9am through 4pm to place a donation over the phone:
You can send your check or money order with your name, address, phone number, and the contribution type to:
All donors at the $100 level and above will receive recognition in the Museum's Annual Report. Contributions of this nature are 100% tax deductible.
If your organization would prefer to support the Historic Ships in Baltimore another way, please contact the following for more information: